cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis-m
Pit Crew

1949 Chevrolet Panel delivery truck,help

I have a 1949, 1/2 ton , Chevy Panel Delivery that I have had since 1980 and have built it up and drove it for around 200,000 miles. I see all kinds of Pickup parts, but not Panel truck.

question;;  I am in need of Body Panels around the rear fenders, from behind the front doors back, does anyone know of a place where I can get these.   Thank You, Dennis,,,       merlauj@aol.com

4 REPLIES 4
Sajeev
Community Manager

That is a wonderful story, you definitely live the car enthusiast life and your passion shows!  

Dennis-m
Pit Crew

Thank You,, I do very much enjoy the old vehicles I have,  I still have my first 49 Chevy Pickup that I bought when I was 13, Back then I was able to find and buy NOS fenders for all 4 corners. The Pickups of that time were tight inside for a good sized man, but with the panel truck I was able to move the seat back and it has been a wonderful old piece, and it is time to give it some more attention,   this is the reason for the question of looking for parts.   Dennis M

JimR
Advanced Driver

If you haven’t already checked them,  you might try “Chevs of the 40’s” , “The Filling Station” or “Eklers”. 
Not necessarily for body panels but I’ve had good experiences with all three for various things on my ‘52. 
There’s also this site, but I don’t recall ever buying anything from them personally.... https://www.classychevusa.com/index.cfm?ptype=results&Category_ID=32&mode=cat

Dennis-m
Pit Crew

Thank You, I have looked at these places and it is the same thing, no one seems to make a repair panel, I have seen partial pieces but nothing of size.
I know I am late, but thank You, Dennis M